"Corporate finance" describes the financial decisions that businesses make, aiming to add value and manage risk along the way. Legal assistance is invariably required, whether raising capital or debt, restructuring, turning into a public or private company, or carrying out transactions such as merger and acquisition (M&A), share sales and purchases, or simply the sale of business assets.
What we do
Corporate finance transactions can be large and complex, with regulatory, tax and international implications. Our corporate finance lawyers are used to this environment, working in multi-disciplinary teams alongside banks, private equity houses, venture capitalists and other professional advisers.
In order to deal with any transaction effectively, we always create a dedicated team led by a partner with the appropriate transactional and sector expertise.
Our clients include medium and large national and international companies, banks and private equity houses as well as individual shareholders and directors.
Why Cripps Harries Hall?
Even though time is often critical we find that time and money can be saved by taking the trouble to understand your business and commercial priorities before preparing any documentation. We bring our experience to bear throughout a project, working collaboratively with any other advisers involved. We are pragmatic, realistic and responsive. Our job is to help make deals happen not to hinder them.
For further information please contact Chris Langridge or Nigel Stanford.
Cripps Harries Hall boosts Tunbridge Wells regeneration
Regeneration in Tunbridge Wells has taken a significant step forward with news that a leading regional law firm is set to relocate its head office to a key development site.
- Acting for a major bank on a £5 million facility for funding the purchase of a commercial property
- Acting for a private equity fund in the purchase of a medical screening services business from a major NHS Trust
- Acting for a property investment plc in relation to a £9.5 million debt facility to fund the purchase of a shopping centre
- Acting for a charity, providing care and housing to older people, on a multi-million pound refinancing
- Acting for Clydesdale Bank in the closing of a multi-million pound deal to help expand the Holiday Extras Group. The facilities were negotiated as part of Clydesdale's 'Investment for Growth'. Transaction value £25m
- Acting for a further education college on a facility to refurbish their listed London premises. Transaction value £20 million
- Acting for AmBank on a loan to an AIM Listed plc to acquire overseas assets. Transaction value £12 million
- Advising a CT scanning company on two agreements with private healthcare providers (a private hospital group and a healthcare insurance company) to supply CT scanning services to their patients/customers
- Acting for the shareholders of a London estate agents on the sale of the company to a household name chain of estate and letting agents
- Acting for an operator of soft play centres for children on the acquisition of a number of sites from the Administrators of a competitor company that had become insolvent
|Nick Austen||Partner||+44 (0)1732 224 018
|Liz Barton||Associate||+44 (0)1892 506 190
|James Beatton||Partner||+44 (0)1732 224 004
|Rachel Butler||Associate||+44 (0)1892 506 195
|Trevor Carney||Consultant||+44 (0)1732 224 005
|Philip Cunningham||Partner||+44 (0)1732 224 009
|Katie Haylock||Associate||+44 (0)1732 224 036
|Julie Hughes||Associate||+44 (0)1892 506 179
|Chris Langridge||Partner||+44 (0)1892 506 090
|Paul Lester||Partner||+44 (0)1892 506 336
|Gemma Mintram||Solicitor||+44 (0)1732 224 053
|Salim Somjee||Partner||+44 (0)1732 224 060
|Nigel Stanford||Partner||+44 (0)1892 506 227
Commercial law - The Importance of the Model Code to Listed Companies - July 2013
Listed companies are subject to the Listing Rules which require them to impose restrictions on directors and other persons discharging managerial responsibilities (PDMRs) regarding dealing in their company's securities. These restrictions are set out in the Model Code (Code). Corresponding provisions for AIM listed companies are provided in the AIM Rules.
Kent firms say confidence is rising as economy grows at fastest rate since 2007, with GDP up 0.7% in last quarter of 2013
Managing Partner, Gavin Tyler, comments
International acclaim for Cripps Harries Hall
The county’s biggest law firm has been given the international seal of approval with ten of its solicitors named on the latest Best Lawyers list.
Top rankings for merged law firm
Newly merged Cripps Harries Hall and Vertex Law has swept the board in an annual survey of the legal profession – setting a new regional benchmark.
Budget 2013: Deliver incentives for businesses to boost growth
By Chris Langridge and Rachel Butler, Cripps Harries Hall LLP
Bienvenue à Londres: Is the 75% tax driving French talent to London?
Olivier Morel, partner at Cripps Harries Hall, comments
Senior appointment at Cripps Harries Hall
Cripps Harries Hall announces the appointment of Paul Lester as a partner in its corporate team.
Angel investment - Where do you put your money
Article written by Cripps Harries Hall partner, Nigel Stanford.
Due to the current economic climate, companies are finding it difficult, if not impossible, to raise finance through bank lending.
Cripps Harries Hall successfully support Clydesdale Bank PLC on their multi-million pound deal to help expand the Holidays Extras Group
A multi-million pound deal to help expand the Holiday Extras Group has been concluded by Clydesdale Bank in Kent, challenging the perception that well managed businesses are struggling to secure funding.
What others say
Noted for high-profile transactional capability.
"They are skilled at demystifying the advice so the client is not swamped with legalese."
"They are willing to invest time up front in exploring the merits and potential pitfalls of a transaction before racking up significant fees."
Trevor Carney is a key part of the fêted [Corporate] team, and regularly advises on its most complex transactions.
James Beatton heads the firm's corporate team and is highly regarded for his broad banking law expertise.