"Corporate finance" describes the financial decisions that businesses make, aiming to add value and manage risk along the way. Legal assistance is invariably required, whether raising capital or debt, restructuring, turning into a public or private company, or carrying out transactions such as merger and acquisition (M&A), share sales and purchases, or simply the sale of business assets.
What we do
Corporate finance transactions can be large and complex, with regulatory, tax and international implications. Our corporate finance lawyers are used to this environment, working in multi-disciplinary teams alongside banks, private equity houses, venture capitalists and other professional advisers.
In order to deal with any transaction effectively, we always create a dedicated team led by a partner with the appropriate transactional and sector expertise.
Our clients include medium and large national and international companies, banks and private equity houses as well as individual shareholders and directors.
Why Cripps Harries Hall?
Even though time is often critical we find that time and money can be saved by taking the trouble to understand your business and commercial priorities before preparing any documentation. We bring our experience to bear throughout a project, working collaboratively with any other advisers involved. We are pragmatic, realistic and responsive. Our job is to help make deals happen not to hinder them.
For further information please contact Chris Langridge or Nigel Stanford.
Our corporate team has extensive experience of undertaking work for plcs and medium to large private companies. We also act for a broad spectrum of commercial, institutional and public sector clients. Here are a few examples of our work.
- Acting for Clydesdale Bank in the closing of a multi-million pound deal to help expand the Holiday Extras Group. The facilities were negotiated as part of Clydesdale's 'Investment for Growth'. Transaction value £25m
- Acting for a further education college on a facility to refurbish their listed London premises. Transaction value £20 million
- Acting for AmBank on a loan to an AIM Listed plc to acquire overseas assets. Transaction value £12 million
- Advising a CT scanning company on two agreements with private healthcare providers (a private hospital group and a healthcare insurance company) to supply CT scanning services to their patients/customers
- Acting for the shareholders of a London estate agents on the sale of the company to a household name chain of estate and letting agents
- Acting for an operator of soft play centres for children on the acquisition of a number of sites from the Administrators of a competitor company that had become insolvent
- Acting for a major bank on a £5 million facility for funding the purchase of a commercial property
- Acting for a private equity fund in the purchase of a medical screening services business from a major NHS Trust
- Acting for a property investment plc in relation to a £9.5 million debt facility to fund the purchase of a shopping centre
- Acting for a charity, providing care and housing to older people, on a multi-million pound refinancing
|Liz Barton||Associate||+44 (0)1892 506 190
|Rachel Butler||Associate||+44 (0)1892 506 195
|Julie Hughes||Associate||+44 (0)1892 506 179
|Chris Langridge||Partner||+44 (0)1892 506 090
|Paul Lester||Partner||+44 (0)1892 506 336
|Nigel Stanford||Partner||+44 (0)1892 506 227
Budget 2013: Deliver incentives for businesses to boost growth
By Chris Langridge and Rachel Butler, Cripps Harries Hall LLP
Bienvenue à Londres: Is the 75% tax driving French talent to London?
Olivier Morel, partner at Cripps Harries Hall, comments
Senior appointment at Cripps Harries Hall
Cripps Harries Hall announces the appointment of Paul Lester as a partner in its corporate team.
Angel investment - Where do you put your money
Article written by Cripps Harries Hall partner, Nigel Stanford.
Due to the current economic climate, companies are finding it difficult, if not impossible, to raise finance through bank lending.
Cripps Harries Hall successfully support Clydesdale Bank PLC on their multi-million pound deal to help expand the Holidays Extras Group
A multi-million pound deal to help expand the Holiday Extras Group has been concluded by Clydesdale Bank in Kent, challenging the perception that well managed businesses are struggling to secure funding.
What others say
Sources agree that the "reliable" team at Cripps Harries Hall provides a "London standard of advice at regional rates."
Liz Barton is "very efficient and fast to respond to requests for advice." She has a particular focus on corporate finance matters.
Christopher Langridge is a "very pragmatic individual" with "proactive advisory skills" and "sound advice."
Nigel Stanford is "great for good practical advice on all commercial issues."
Christopher Langridge is a highly regarded M&A lawyer.